I am the Associate Medical Director for Research and Development at Worcestershire Acute Hospital. My specific research interests include: subcutaneous implantable cardioverter defibrillators, atrial fibrillation and risk prediction modelling.
I was awarded a Doctor of Medicine from the University of Southampton in 2017 for research undertaken in subcutaneous implantable cardioverter.
I have published over 20 articles in peer-reviewed medical journals, presented his research at international
medical conferences and authored chapters in medical textbooks. I am also actively involved in medical training and has worked regularly with the British cardiac society as part of their simulator training program.
1. Yeoh, A, Sammut E, Diab I, Wilson DG. Wound haematoma following deﬁbrillator implantation: incidence and predictors: comment (EUPC-D-17-00785)Europace 2017
2. Wilson DG, Cronbach PL, Panfilo D, Greenhut SE, Stegemann BP, Morgan JM Electrode positions, transformation coordinates for ECG reconstruction from S-ICD vectors. Data Brief 2017 (Article in press DOI org/10.1016/j.dib.2017.02.041)
3. Wilson DG, Cronbach PL, Panfilo D, Greenhut SE, Stegemann BP, Morgan JM Reconstruction of an 8-lead surface ECG from two subcutaneous ICD vectors International Journal of Cardiology 2017 (Article in press DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.ijcard.2017.01.117)
4. Wilson DG, Ahmed N, Sun P,Diab I. Successful transvenous cardiac resynchronisation therapy in a case of coronary sinus ostial atresia. Eur Heart J (2017) 38 (7): 477
5. Wilson DG, Leventgianis G, Barr C, Morgan JM. ECG predictors of T wave oversensing in Subcutaneous Implantable Cardioverter Defibrillators. International Journal of Cardiology 2016 1;220:27-31. doi: 10.1016/j.ijcard.2016.06.128
6. Frontera A, Panniker S, Breitenstein A, Bruno VD, Connolly GM, Wilson D, Rio T, Dhinoja MB, Hussain W, Schilling RJ, Thomas G, Wong T, Hunter RJ, Sacher F, Jaïs P, Duncan E.. Ventricular tachycardia ablation in Octogenarians. Europace 2016. Accepted for publication
7. Wilson DG, Zeljko HM, Leventopoulos G, Ahmed N, Yue A, Roberts PR, Thomas G, Duncan ER, Roderick PJ, Morgan JM. Increasing age does not affect time to appropriate therapy in primary prevention ICD/CRT-D: A competing risks analysis.
Europace (Accepted February 2016 Manuscript number: EUPC-D-15-00844)
8. Wilson D, Morgan JM, Roberts PR.
Leadless" pacing of the left ventricle in adult congenital heart disease.
International Journal of Cardiology (accepted January 2016)
9. Wilson D, Yue A, Robert PR, Morgan JM.
Leadless pacing: the old with the new.
International Journal of Cardiology 2016;203:407-8
10. Wilson D, Zeb M, Veltman G, Dimitrov D, Morgan J.
Left and right parasternal sensing for the S-ICD in adult congenital heart disease patients and normal controls.
Pacing and clinical electrophysiology 2015 Dec 23. doi: 10.1111/pace.12802. [Epub ahead of print]
11. Wilson DG, Yue A, Morgan JM, Roberts PR.
Strategies to reduce infections during the Cardiac Implantable Electronic Device implant: A time to name a shame.
12. Frontera A, Wilson DG, Sekhon H. Thomas, G, Duncan ER.
Atrial fibrillation and hypertrophic cardiomyopathy. Who to anticoagulate?
Clinical Research in Cardiology 2015;104(10):799-802
13. Wilson DG, Zeljko HM, Leventopoulos G, Morgan JM.. Comment on the article by Barra et al. entitled 'Implantable cardioverter-defibrillators in the elderly: rationale and specific age-related considerations'.
14. Mehmood Z, Curzen N, Allavatam V, Wilson DG, Yue A, Roberts PR, Morgan JM.
Sensitivity and specificity of the subcutaneous implantable cardioverter defibrillator pre-implant screening tool
International Journal of Cardiology Sept 2015 (195) 205-9
15. Wilson D, Ahmed N, Nolan R, Frontera A, Thomas G, Duncan ER.
Clinical outcomes in Octogenarians with ICD and CRT-D – A single centre study.
Indian Pacing and Electrophysiology Journal 2015;15 (1): 4-14
16. Mehmood Z, Curzen N, Wilson D, Chanfe S, Yue A, Roberts P Morgan M. Potential Eligibility of Congenital Heart Disease Patients for Subcutaneous Implantable Cardioverter Defibrillator Based on Surface ECG Mapping
Europace 2015 Jul;17(7):1059-67
17. Wilson D, Yue A, Robert PR, Morgan JM.
Oversensing and shock delivery in the S-ICD.
Pacing Clin Electrophysiol. 2015 Aug;38(8):1009-13
18. Wilson D, Livesey S, Morgan J.
Long-term follow-up of right ventricular disarticulation for treatment of Arrhythmogenic Right Ventricular Cardiomyopathy: A case series
International Journal of Cardiology 175 (2014) e21–e24
19. Wilson D, Duncan E.
Letter to the editor regarding survival in octogenarians undergoing cardiac resynchronization therapy compared to the general population.
Pacing and clinical electrophysiology 2014;37(11):1587
20. Wilson D, Frontera A, Thomas G, Duncan E.
Screening for atrial fibrillation in patients with obstructive sleep apnoea to reduce ischaemic strokes. Editorial
International Journal of Cardiology 2014 Mar 15;172(2):297-8
21. French AE, Johnson TW, Wilson DG, Thomas G, Duncan ER.
Transcoronary Ethanol Ablation for Incessant Ventricular Tachycardia: A salvage technique when faced with left ventricular thrombus. Published on Heart Rhythm UK Website on 18/05/2013. http://www.heartrhythmuk.org.uk/casereport-alcohol_septal_ablation
22. Wilson D, Shi B, Harding SA, Lever N, Larsen P.
Implantable cardioverter defibrillators: A long-term view.
Internal Medicine Journal 2012 May;42(5):554-61
23. Wilson D, Harding SA.
Predictors of more cranial or caudal axillary vein location to facilitate blind venous cannulation (letter)
Pacing and clinical electrophysiology 2012 Jun;35(6):770
24. Wilson D, Harding SA, Lever N, Melton I, Stiles M, Heald S, Boddington D, Larsen P.
Geographic, ethnic and socioeconomic factors influencing access to Implantable Cardioverter Defibrillators (ICDs) in New Zealand.
Heart Lung Circulation 2012;21:576–581
25. Wilson D, Foley PWX.
Natriuretic Peptides: A Clinician's Perspective.June 2010
British Journal of Cardiac Nursing 2010; 5(7): 338–343
26. Wilson D, French A, Duncan E, Thomas G.
Atrial fibrillation and obstructive sleep apnoea: An overview. Published on HRUK website 2010
27. Wilson D, Crook B. Ivabridine for inappropriate sinus tachycardia.
British Journal of Cardiology 2009;16:151-2
Book chapters and contributions
Wilson D, Bryan A. Chapter 16 Diseases of the Aorta and Trauma to the Aorta and Heart in Specialist Revision Guide for Cardiology:
Essential Revision Notes for KBA. Oxford University Press.
Oxford University Press 2014 ISBN: 9780199654901
Wilson D, Bryan A. Questions and answers for Diseases of the Aorta and Trauma to the Aorta and Heart
MCQs for Cardiology knowledge based assessment
Oxford University Press ISBN: 978-0199655519
Abstracts - oral presentations
Wiles B, Wilson DG Leventgianis G, Barr C, Morgan JM. ECG predictors of ventricular arrhythmia and non-arrhythmic death in the subcutaneous implantable cardioverter defibrillators population. Heart Rhythm Conference October 2017 Birmingham
Brewster, N, Taylor R, Goyal D, Foster W, Wilson DG. Audit of patient’s perception of pain during CIED implantation. Heart Rhythm Conference October 2017 Birmingham
Wiles B, Wilson DG, Allavatam, V, Acharyya A, Vemishetty N, Roberts PR Assessing the accuracy of surface ECG as a surrogate for the sensing vectors of the subcutaneous ICD. Cardiostim 2017
Wiles B, Wilson DG, Allavatam, V, Acharyya A, Vemishetty N, Roberts PR Understanding the triangular relationship between subcutaneous ICD sensing vectors: can we accurately generate the secondary vector using just trigonometry?Cardiostim
Wilson DG, Cronbach PL, Panfilo D, Greenhut SE, Stegemann B, Morgan JM Reconstruction of 12 – lead ECG from TWO S-ICD vectors: generation and validation of transformation coefficients.
Heart Rhythm Congress, Birmingham 2015
Wilson D, B Shi, Larsen P, Harding S. Implantable Cardioverter Defibrillator (ICD) outcomes in a single New Zealand Centre.
Heart Lung and Circulation Vol 20, Suppl 2, 2011 S1-S155
Wilson D, Yohannes AM, Neyses L, Connolly MJ. The Manchester Respiratory ADL Questionnaire (MRADL): a pilot study on cardiac failure in older people.
Age and Ageing 2003;32(Suppl 2):ii35. Abstract
Abstracts - poster presentations
Nightingale AK, Yanagisawa Y, Tallis T, Wilson DG, Ismail Y, Dastidar A, Jeetley P, Goonewardene M and Whalley B. Are clinicians influenced by cognitive biases when investigating chronic heart failure? European Heart failure conference May 2016
Cronbach PL, Wilson DG, Panfilo D, Greenhut SE, Stegemann B, Morgan JM Reconstruction of 12 – lead ECG from TWO S-ICD vectors: generation and validation of transformation coefficients.
American Heart Association, Miami November 2015
Wilson DG, Leventigiannis G, Barr C, Morgan JM ECG predictors of T-wave oversensing in subcutaneous implantable cardioverters.
Heart Rhythm Congress 2015. Poster presentation.
Wilson DG, Zeljko HM, Leventopolous G, Yue A, Roberts PR, Roderick PJ, Morgan JM. The impact of age on clinical outcomes patients with primary prevention ICD/CRT-Ds. Heart Rhythm Congress 2015. Poster presentation.
Wilson DG, Zeljko HM, Leventopolous G, Yue A, Roberts PR, Roderick PJ, Morgan JM. The impact of age on clinical outcomes patients with primary prevention ICD/CRT-Ds. EHRA Europace Cardiostim, Milan 2015.
Mehmood Z, Curzen N, Wilson D, Yue A, Roberts P, Morgan J. Sensitivity and specificity of the subcutaneous implantable cardioverter defibrillator pre-implant screening tool. Cardiostim Nice 2014
Mehmood Z, Curzen N, Wilson D, Chande S, Yue A, Roberts P, Morgan J. Impact of posture, sensing electrode position and cardiac morphologies on surface electrocardiogram signals. Cardiostim Nice 2014.
Mehmood Z, Curzen N, Veldtman G, Yue A, Roberts P, Wilson D, Morgan J. Potential eligibility of congenital heart disease patients for subcutaneous implantable cardioverter defibrillator based on surface ECG mapping. Cardiostim Nice 2014.
Wilson D, Nolan, R, Ahmed N, French A, Thomas G, Duncan ER. Implantable cardioverter defibrillators in octogenarian: a retrospective single centre study. Moderated Poster Heart Rhythm Congress, Birmingham 2013.
Wilson D, Shi B, Larsen PD, Harding SA. Long Term Follow-up of Implantable Cardioverter Defibrillator (ICD) Patients in a single New Zealand Centre. Heart, Lung and Circulation 2011;20:376-419